Monday, March 23, 2009

Promises..

I've been promising updates and Sam stories for a week now. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to try to type with a baby in one hand? Imagine that baby pounding on the keyboard while you're typing and now you know why I don't post near as much as I'd like to. That said baby was supposed to be sleeping 30 minutes ago but screams anytime I put her down.

Unfortunately, I can't remember those cute stories that I promised. By the end of the day, I am so worn out from my children that its hard to believe that I thought them cute at any point today.

The baby now has 2 teeth, both on the bottom. I think she may be working on more. She is even more unpleasant than usual. She has now taken to talking through the entire church service. She's not very soft spoken either. This past week, the sermon had something to do about infants, so Chaplain said something about having one in the congregation making herself known. It was cute. Its also annoying. I left her in the nursery once but their idea of taking care of her is shoving a bottle in her mouth. Then they wonder why she wouldn't take it...probably because she wasn't hungry and she hates, I mean despises, the bottle.

Sam is just Sam. That's the only way to describe him. He's gorgeous and sweet and hilarious. He loves playing outside. That sometimes turns into drama. He thinks he can be outside ALL the time. He rolls out of bed and runs straight to the door! The other day he was wearing his good sneakers and decided he was going to stand IN the water table. Guess they're clean now! Its kind of my fault though. I've been putting him in his swim suit to play so I guess he thought he was allowed to do that. He has also started taking the cushions off the couch. Without the cushions, the couch is the perfect height for him to sit. He also loves jumping on the cushions while they are on the floor!

I took him for a haircut this past week. I didn't feel like driving to base so we went to Cost Cutters. I don't know what possessed this lady to try scissors on his hair! Luckily, it looks ok but it was not fun getting it done. I'll be driving down to base from now on. It takes about 2 minutes for the ladies to do it and its cheaper!

Sam's speech is also improving every day! His speech pathologist is really impressed with his progress. He picks up new words and sounds. Some things he says only once but it still counts! She says I'm doing a good job working with him. That's nice to hear because sometimes I feel like I'm failing him. I hope that he picks up some new words from his cousins in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment